Clients’ ages: 12-17
Type of Services: Substance Abuse and Dual Diagnosis
Funding Stream: DCF & Orange County
Population served: drug abusing youth, ages
12 – 17
Director in charge and telephone number: Paula
Lupton (407) 836-8882 or Larry Goldberg (407) 422-0880
1. Inpatient Assessment/Stabilization:
- Physical Examination by an M.D.
- Psychiatric Evaluation (if clinically appropriate)
- Nursing care
including initial medical clearance, TB and HCG test, medication
assessment, daily vital signs, admission, and discharge.
and Stabilization in a secure, structured setting.
- Case management
and individual assessment with a Master’s level
clinician including biopsychosocial assessment, multidisciplinary
staffing, and written
Assessment Summary and Discharge Plan.
- Support Groups including
drug education, HIV education, anger management, and
- Behavior Modification based on positive reinforcement
for appropriate behavior.
- Education including daily lesson plans
provided by a certified Orange County
- Recommendations to the Court for follow-up treatment.
screening: 8 panel drug test, risk assessment interview
3. Nurse Help Line: assistance with street drug related questions.
823 W. Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32805
Hours of Operation
Detox and Nurse Help Line: 24 hours a day 7 days a week (407) 836-8884,
Outpatient screening: by appointment